- Financial report: Melissa Bissonette gave the treasurer’s report. The total balance in NEASECS accounts as of 1 September 2017 is $42,378.64.
- Election of Executive Board Members: The following slate of officers and new executive board members were elected:
President: Todd Gilman (Music, Yale University)
First Vice President: Katherine Mannheimer (English, University of Rochester)
Second Vice President: Andrew Clark (French, Fordham University)
Past President: Joe Bartolomeo (English, UMASS)
Secretary-Treasurer: Melissa Bloom Bissonette (English, St. John Fisher College)
Newsletter Editor: John H. O’Neill (English, Hamilton College)
Executive Board members for 3-year terms:
Kristin O'Rourke (Art History, Dartmouth), term renewal
Robert DeMaria (English, Vassar College), term renewal
Alex Ludwig (Liberal Arts, Berklee College of Music)
- Upcoming Conferences: The 2018 Conference will be held at the University of Rochester, October 11-14
- O’Neill Bursaries: Awards were given this year to: Glauco Schettini (Fordham), Adam Schoene (Cornell), Candace Gail Cunard (Columbia), Jacob Myers (Georgetown) and Pichaya Damrongpiwat (Cornell)
- Edna Steeves Prize: Pres. Bartolomeo announced that the 2016 Edna Steeves prize for best graduate student paper was awarded Nick Allred of Rutgers University for his paper "American Waste: Analogies of Excess in Locke's Second Treatise" and announced that the committee would accept submissions for the 2017 prize until the end of the conference.
Melissa Bissonette, NEASECS Sec./Treas.